cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Started with CSM 4.x REST API

David Levy
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any information on getting started with the API for CSM?  I have the documentation on it, but there is no 'start with this' and if 'this error occurs' sections for help.  I'm using Postman to test.  I've made some progress, but this is as far as I've gotten from a response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns1:loginResponse xmlns:ns1="csm">

<protVersion>1.0</protVersion>

<error>

<code>3</code>

<description>Object Creation Error : An error occured while creating necessary objects</description>

</error>

<serviceVersion>1.0</serviceVersion>

<sessionTimeoutInMins>1</sessionTimeoutInMins>

</ns1:loginResponse>

From this in the body (which came from the CSM API guide):

<?xml version 1.0 encoding=”UTF-8”?>

<loginRequest>

<protVersion>1.0</protVersion>

<reqId>123</reqId>

<username>XXXXXX</username>

<password>XXXXXX</password>

<heartbeatRequested>true</heartbeatRequested>

</loginRequest>

Does anyone what the settings should be in Postman or have any tips?

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

What I understand is you are looking for REST API's for Cisco Security Manager. I would request to post your question under Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) community .

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

How does posting this as a PSIRT get helpful information on a REST API in XML format?  There's no security incident involved here... it's information retrieval for a poorly documented feature that even TAC can't seem to help with. (I've opened up 3 cases with them on this and none of them know, even our Advanced Services reps don't know who to go to on it.. hence why I asked the question on here over a year ago on some thin meager hope that someone might be able to help.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: