cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you login via the WebEx REST API

Nicholas1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to the Webex API and am trying to run my first few calls.  Starting with a login call, it looks to me like our REST url for that should be https://[ourSite].webex.com/[ourSite]/p.php?AT=LI

What I’m unclear about is how to authenticate.  The documentation (page 2-22) doesn’t list username or password as fields that can be sent.  The only field it lists as required is WID (Webex ID), which I assume is to be the authentication string?  If so, how does one find this value?  I do not see it in the user edit screen in site administration, which seems like the logical place for it to me.  Is there some special screen I need to access for API information like this?

1 Reply 1

thodavie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nicholas,

I pulled this from the same documentation (section 1-6), which might help:

"Call the New User Signup command (SU) on the Partner page (p.php).

This command requires a WebEx identity (WID)—which is a user name—and a password, as well as your organization’s unique WebEx Partner account identifier (PID). After this command has created a new user account and established an authenticated connection between your Web server and your site on a WebEx server, a user can request services. For additional information, see:

 “SU: New User Signup command” on page 2-28

 “Signing up a New User” on page 3-2

 “Creating a New User Signup Page” on page A-5"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: