Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues in Playing/Monitoring Live/Active Session with RTSP URL

Hope you all will be fine.

Currently I am working on playing active sessions that are currently continue. If we have a look on JSONresponse of active session, there we have a RTSP URL that will be used to stream this active session. But I am un-able to find that how can we play/monitor active session using this RTSP URL programatically ?

If we talk about Recorded/Closed sessions then there we have HTTP URL like http://***.***.***.***:****/mma/ExportRaw?recording=b5146142709581-TRAC

and RTSP URL too like: rtsp://***.***.***.***:****/archive/b5146142709581

But using ConverSession API call we get the converted playable link in specified format (for example mp4) against sessionID. So, we can use this Converted URL to play Recorded/Closed Session.

I want to ask that is there any way to convert RTSP URL in case of Active Sessions ? Or how can we stream/play/monitor active/live sessions ? Or there is any other way through which we may play live/active sessiosns ?

I have tried it through VLC too but remain un-able to stream it. You can read my detailed findings regarding this in this thread: Issues While Downloading Recorded Sessions Using MediaSense

I want to achieve this programatically.

Hope to listen from you ASAP.

dlender jwolfeld

Thanks for your time and consideration :-)

5 Replies 5

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

The RTSP URL which comes in the session event or in the response to any getSessions request is the proper way to play a live ("active") call. Other methods such as download and convert are not available until after the session reaches closed state.

Thanks for you reply,

This is my question that how can we play/stream active session with this RTSP URL ? as we can play recorded session after converting its url by convertsession API.

I just want to know the method after getting RTSP URL to play this active session.

Thnaks,

While the recording is being made and the state is active the only way to play it back is via the RTSP URL.

In the example above, we have:

rtsp://***.***.***.***:****/archive/b5146142709581

Using VLC Media Player on my laptop, I can bring up the Media menu and choose Open Network Stream:

vlcMenu.png

That brings up an entry window where I can enter the RTSP URL:

vlcOpenNetwork.png

Once you hit play (assuming you have all the details straight, the example does not include a port so it needs to be fixed before it will work) you should get a live feed from the on-going recording.

Hi dadawes,

Here I have two points:

1. While working with VLC Player don't we have top mention the Track No too ? as VLC Player just play single of two streams at a time.

2. Secondly, I am using MediaSense version 9.1 and VLC Player (version 2.1.3 - Rincewind). I have tried with VLC player too i got the errors that I mentioned in this thread: Re: Issues While Downloading Recorded Sessions Using MediaSense

Thnaks for you assistance and guidance

dadawes
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have a Mac, but I have Quick Time for Windows and it does allow you to choose an RTSP URL for playback. Chose Open URL on the menu:

qtimeMenu.png

Enter the RTSP URL in the popup entry field:

qtimeOpenNetwork.png

After some buffering it should start playing.