cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meme Monday: Choosing a Web Framework

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a history with Wordpress, and I like it, but if I had to choose a web framework for a new web site...

7kynsx.jpg

One reason why...

7kynx4.jpg

2 Replies 2

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although WordPress is a content management system (CMS) for creating web pages, it cannot be classified as a web framework. If you're looking for a complete framework, I would suggest F.A.R.M (FastAPI, React JS, MongoDB) instead. I have personally utilized this stack to create our DevDash demo at Cisco Live and it has performed exceptionally well. Below is a high-level overview of the FARM stack's architecture.

webapp_architecture.png

For more info about this, visit -> DevDash Demo

Sean Dahlberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@npetrele's post did remind me of this meme (and it is a Meme Monday) so I'll start off with this:

web-designer-developer-jokes-humour-funny-1.jpg

I know there are a few other factors to bring into the equation when thinking of what frameworks to use, but pretending it's a blank slate that I can decide completely solo, I actually would like to try out Express.js for the backend and then React as the frontend. To @davidn#'s point above, React is also not really a framework but a frontend library. So, if I had to go with an actual framework, it would end up being Vue.js. I've used Vue before but I haven't used Express before (although I've heard some great things about it).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: