cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a script with timer to disconnect calls in Unity Expess auto attendant

jeffkushner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a customer with Call Manager Express with a Cisco Unity Express module in it. The customer has a toll free 800 line that goes to the auto attendant in the CUE. They have been experiencing a form of toll fraud called traffic pumping, this is a caller gets into the AA and stays in it for up to 12 hours driving up the charged on their toll free line. I need a TCL script or method to disconnect calls that are in the CUE for more than 5 minutes. Does someone have a sample script or does someone do this for a reasonable rate?

Thank you,

Jeff

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

You can set timer when the call is active and once the timer expires call a procedure that would destroy the connection and disconnect the leg using the following command

connection destroy {connectionID | info-tag}
leg disconnect {legID | info-tag} [-c cause_code] [-g <gtd_handle>] [-i <iec>]

Please go through the TCL IVR API programming guide from the following link to gain the basic knowledge for developing the scripts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/tcl/developer/guide/tclivrv2.html

At the end of the document you could see some sample scripts, make use of the procedures and FSM states as per your requirement and create a script.

If this could not solve the issue. Please post your question at Voice Gateway Forum.

For related information Please refer - UC520 FXO To Auto Attendant Disconnect Problem | IP Telephony | Cisco Technical Support Forum | 5961 | 11967546

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hello Geevarghese,

I am not familiar with this type of scripting. The CME is getting it's phone service via a PRI. The call comes into the CME and then uses a dial peer to connect the caller to the CUE and the auto attendant. Would this disconnect be possible only on the calls connected to the CUE? I am wondering if this is something you have written or could write if you are familiar with it. If so what would you charge for doing so? It may be less expensive in the long run then the time it would take me to learn and test my own scripting.

Thanks you very much,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Using TBCT tcl script will help to handle your scenario. You need to have Cisco Developer Services Support contract for that

I would request you to  create a service request  with Developer Support contract and  DS_GATEWAY-API team will help

you to create the script based on your requirement for implementation.

Please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/ivr/configuration/guide/ivr_tbct.html#wp1011922

for related information.

Thanks and Regards,
Geevarghese