cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtaining a license to use Cisco VM images outside of CML.

dwilliams614
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use Cisco VMs outside of CML. How do I obtain a license to do so?

I came across the following during my research so this must be possible:

Attention: The Cisco VM images that are provided for download with Cisco Modeling Labs or as part of the CML refplat ISO file are only licensed for use within Cisco Modeling Labs. Downloading these VM images and using them outside Cisco Modeling Labs without a proper license is prohibited.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will find many Images outside CML all over internet,Official you should not sure, but for Lab purpose you can use, you can not re-sale or use commercial purpose for trainings

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BB, 

Thanks for your feedback. I am interested in designing a training suite for the U.S. Air Force that will utilise GNS3 to train operators on maintaining network equipment. It is important I abide by any licensing requirements. I just don't know who to ask about setting this up.

In that case, I suggest using the CML business version (not the personal version).

Anyone that uses images on GNS3 / PNET / EVE is illegal, may have other law enforcement issues.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: