cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using AXL to update CUCM Region Matrix

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
First up I need to state I am a complete newbie to AXL and API operations so this may appear to be a very dopey question. 

We are experimenting with external provisioning of CUCM servers. It’s all very basic and we are very much noobs at this , so apologies if we have missed something fundamental.

CUCM version is 11.5

We are using Chrome Postman as the API access method so there is nothing complicated in what we are doing and we have managed to update many other CUCM config fields so far so I’m confident our approach is pretty basic but acceptable. 

We have a problem with the CUCM update region matrix in that the POST works OK and we get a 200OK, but the CUCM does not show the new config settings. We are attempting to use the schema definition here - 

Another issue we have observed is that the schema indicates one of the elements is titled ‘bandwidth’, but if we use this name it results in an error to the POST, while if we use ‘audioBandwidth’ we get a 200 OK response. The two regions were previously defined so what we want to do is to set the audio and video bandwidths between them.

So basically I have two questions – have we defined the structure of the updateRegionMatrix request correctly, and/or is there an error in the schema definition for ‘bandwidth’ or audioBandwidth’ ?

Copy of the POST and the response are show below (I've had to cut off the XML headers that contain the standard URL's and UUID's as the communities application is indicating I can't post private information...) but hopefully you can work out the structure -  

<soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ns:updateRegionMatrix>
         <uuid>{<<<<returned UUID >>>>}</uuid>
<regionA>testA</regionA>
<regionB>testB</regionB>
<audioBandwidth>8</audioBandwidth>
<videoBandwidth>0</videoBandwidth>
      </ns:updateRegionMatrix>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Response from CUCM appears to indicate it is not unhappy with the POST, but if we look at the regions we don't see that the region to region matrix has been updated

<ns:updateRegionMatrixResponse xmlns:ns="<standard cisco XML URL>">
<return>{<<<<returned UUID >>>>}</return>
      </ns:updateRegionMatrixResponse>
1 Reply 1

Mamdouh Elgamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This is an example of a working request using SOAPUI, tested it on cucm runing 11.5 SU3

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/11.5">
   <soapenv:Header/>
      <ns:updateRegionMatrix>
         <regionAName>default</regionAName>
         <regionBName>default</regionBName>
         <bandwidth>G.729</bandwidth>
         <videoBandwidth>1000</videoBandwidth>
         <codecPreference>Factory Default lossy</codecPreference>
      </ns:updateRegionMatrix>
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: