cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

We're agile! Please give us your feedback on DevNet.

susiewee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to DevNet! DevNet is Cisco's new developer program. We're agile, and we want to make DevNet valuable to you. Please take a look at the DevNet portal and give us your thoughts and feedback.

• What do you like about the DevNet portal?
  • What can be improved?
  • What would you like to see included in DevNet in the future?
  • How can we make DevNet truly valuable to you?
  • Bonus: Tell us more about you!

Thank you!

Susie

--

Susie Wee

VP and CTO of Networked Experiences

Cisco Systems

3 Replies 3

RaymondNg1
Level 4
Level 4

After joining the DevNet and configuring my account I noticed a few 'issues'.

Profile Preferences

In the Timezone dropdown the option "International Date Line" is GMT+0. I am 100% sure that it is not GMT+0.

The Locale setting shows how date and time should be shown for my account.

It also gives an example how the chosen locale would result in text. This 'Sample Date' field does not update automatic when I select another locate till I hit save and check the 'Sample Date' again. I would have been nice to see the preview of the chosen locale before saving the preferences.

Telepresence Developers forum

After opening the Telepresence forums I noticed that the page header is only a blue image. There is no menu and no login/logout option.

I could read the threads and posts other have made but I cannot create a post or create a thread.

A bit later I saw the under each post the 'login to vote' link. After clicking on that I was presented with options to create threads and posts.

It would have been a lot better if it was visible that I was not logged in at that moment. (I did log in to the devnet before navigating to the Telepresence forum)

After logging in with the 'workaround' I don't have an option on the Telepresence developers forum to logout.

Thanks for the feedback, Raymond. We'll take your suggestions to the portal development team. Just to give you a little more insight into our journey...

One of our goals for DevNet is to engage a larger software developer crowd who are software gurus but might not be deeply familiar with networking, data center, and collaboration technologies. We think it would be powerful to connect these software developers with our extensive community of networking, data center, and collaboration experts.

For this reason, we're actually transitioning our forums from the older standalone platform to the newer Cisco communities platform. This particular conversation is happening on the newer platform. We're working on transitioning the some of the previous forums to the new platform. We're also working on integrating the DevNet portal with this Cisco communities site. There may be a few hiccups in the flow right now, but we plan to have a better integration complete by late January or early Feb.

We look forward to growing our DevNet community and connect our DevNet software developers with the broader Cisco Community.

All- What do you think of the idea of combining newer software developers with Cisco technology experts? And, what do you think about integrating with Cisco communities?

Worst forum ever :(