Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi Disruption

KellyBellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to help a customer of ours who is using a Cisco router and has recently reported an issue related to when he powers on or is charging his Triumph-LS GNSS receiver, his other devices WiFi connections to his network are disrupted>

Grant Nevill writes:

When powering up or charging the Javad hardware, I loose Wi-Fi connectivity to other devices connected to the network. Three cell phones and the three computers experience disruptions which require multiple attempts by each device to regain connection and only after all of the survey equipment has been powered down or removed from charging status.

Has anyone else experienced this situation?

The Wi-Fi router is a middle of the road Cisco model that has no problems adding family / friends phones and laptops when visiting, yet seems to be a reoccurring issue when updating J-field, charging, or simply powering up the LS.

For the time being, I've written him back saying:

Grant, let me do some digging as this is the first report of such behavior that I've heard where the LS is actually disrupting (by the sounds of it) your Cisco router's communications with your other WiFi enabled devices. Please provide the model number of the router.

In the mean time, here are a few things for you to try.

1. Update the firmware on your router.
  2. Check with Cisco support; this may not be their problem, but they may have heard of this issue and know what's best in remedying it.
  3. Swap out the router with a Belkin or some other.
  4. Call Michael Glutting.

Any pointers will be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kelly

3 Replies 3

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These forums mainly assist with Cisco API related issues.Which Cisco Router and API are they using? We can direct the question to the appropriate forum.

They are using a Linksys EA3500

Not sure if we support this router. If the customer or you have a SmartNet contract, you can create a service request to get support via: https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case?referring_site=support_mm