cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

YangSuite to connect to a device via a jump host

peeyushpd29
Level 1
Level 1

My Cisco device is not directly accessible from the system where I am running the yangsuite, so I usually use an intermediate jump host to reach the device. 

I can connect to the Cisco device from the shell using the port forwarding as below

ssh -L 830:<device-ip>:830 user@jump-host-ip

And then using below SSH from the shell

ssh -p 830 device_user@localhost -s netconf

But the connectivity is not working from the yangsuite when I give the Address as 127.0.0.1 in yangsuite.
The error I get is "
Could not open socket to 127.0.0.1:830".

How can I get this working ?

3 Replies 3

@peeyushpd29 not sure if this is what you are looking for https://github.com/jeremycohoe/cisco-ios-xe-programmability-lab

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thanks for the pointers @bigevilbeard

If I understood it right, the reference link you shared mentions about running yangsuite on a server (Ubuntu server here) which is a part of the lab network and to access the yangsuite webUI from the jump host system from the RDP session. Is this understanding right ?

Referring the link you shared, I am exploring that option right now.

My requirement here is to run the yangsuite on my personal system (mac) and to be able to exchange request/replies with the lab device (Cisco XR).

The request/responses will need to go via the jump host as the lab device.

Is this something possible with some config/networking changes on my mac or the jump host or the lab device ?

douglasfir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @peeyushpd29 ,

were you able to solve the issue with connecting via jumpserver?

I am trying the same thing with YANGSsuite and exactly as you described, it works fine if I I connect via NetConf in CLI, but it can't open the socket from YANG Suite.

Thanks in advance,

Dragan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: