Helpful
Comments
Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Join us on Wednesday for a DevNet webinar on the following topics:

• Introduction to Git - download slides and listen to replay
    Date: Wed, August 16, 2017
    Join Ashley Roach (Principal Engineer and API/ Cloud Evangelist for Cisco's developer relations team, DevNet) as he teaches the basics of using Git to share and collaborate on code.

• Evolution of the Network Engineer Job Role - download slides and listen to the replay
    Date: Wed, August 30, 2017
    Join Antonella Corno as she presents a virtualization and introduction of open networking is creating the need for bridges filling the skill gaps between the traditional IT professionals and the Developers Communities. This is becoming so critical to the industry that exposure to programming skills are becoming the new foundation in any IT professionals development plan. This presentation will share the outcome of research we have done related to the impact of the digitalization on the talent gap in the industry and how this gap is becoming a top of mind for CxOs. IT professionals and developers will get exposed to the recommended training path needed to expand their knowledge to be ready for the digital transformation.

• Introduction to NETCONF, RESTCONF, and YANG - listen to replay
    Date: Wed, September 13, 2017
    Join Bryan Byrne to learn Network Programmability skills that are a must have for any Network Engineer today, but it can be a challenge to get started. In this session we will break down the new IETF Standards of NETCONF, RESTCONF, and YANG and explain what each is used for, how they work together, and the key details needed to begin using them today. The session will include demonstrations that you can follow-along with live, and students will leave with sample code for exploring more later.

• Deep Dive on JSON & more Python - listen to the replay
    Date: Wed, September 27, 2017
    Are you ready to dive deeper into using Python and REST? Join Jacob Adams to continue Coding Skills 101 topics and go deeper into techniques for parsing JSON. If you want to code along in the session, follow the instructions on this page (https://learninglabs.cisco.com/lab/coding-102-rest-python-ga/step/1 ) to "Setup Your Own Computer".

• How to be a Network Engineer in a Programmable Age - download the slides and listen to the replay
    Date: Wed, October 11, 2017
    Join Hank Preston as he discusses why "Software Defined Network”, “Infrastructure as Code”, “Cloud”, and “Programmability” all are trends that are changing the nature of being a Network Engineer now and in the future. In this session we will explore the evolution of networking and the network engineer. We'll look back fondly on the early days of networking, when the it was simple and the biggest concerns we had the number of Spanning-Tree instances to run… We 'll consider the impact of SDN, Controllers, Overlays, APIs, and more that this “Network Renaissance” has brought us. You 'll laugh, you 'll groan, you might even get angry, but that’s  okay. Come join the evolution of the Network Engineer with open eyes in DevNet and learn how to jumpstart your own transformation!

• TRex – An open source traffic Generator - download the slides and listen to the replay

Date: Tues, November 14, 2017

Join Hanoch Haim as he presents TRex-an open source, low cost, stateful and stateless traffic generator fueled by DPDK. It generates L4-7 traffic based on pre-processing and smart replay of real traffic templates. TRex amplifies both client and server side traffic and can scale to 200Gb/sec with one UCS using Intel XL710. This session will give an overview of the tool.
For more information please visit:
https://trex-tgn.cisco.com/

• Build a chat bot without writing code using Spark APIs

Date: Wed, November 15, 2017       
Artificial intelligent chat bot (also known as a talkbot, chatbot, chatterbox) is a computer program which can emulate a human conversation. Rather than interacting with the bot with commands, you talk to it like you would another person. Join Steve Greenberg and see step by step how to build a useful chat bot on the spark platform without in-depth knowledge of a programming language. We'll use cloud platform as a service providers along with the Spark API to build a functional chat bot.

• Network Programmability with Cisco ACI

Date: Thurs, November 16, 2017
Join Devarshi Shah and gain the skills required to operate Cisco ACI through this broad and extensive hands-on training experience. Uplevel your network administration skills by learning the system programmatic API's, tools available to automate tasks in the environment, including Python and REST and best practices for programmatic interaction with ACI. In this class you will be taught how to build your own scripts, and execute them, building towards a reusable simple python application to provision and manage the system.

• Understanding Encrypted Traffic Using Joy for Monitoring Forensics

Date: Wed, December 6, 2017

Join Bill Hudson to learn about "Joy", the open source package can track network flows and report on data features beyond those in Netflow, such as the distribution of bytes, the entropy, and the sequence of packet lengths and arrival times, as well as detailed information from TLS headers. With this data, we can better detect and understand encrypted traffic. This approach is valuable for detecting and analyzing malicious traffic, and for auditing the quality of the cryptography used to secure critical applications and communications. This session covers the Joy package, the data features that it can capture and the JSON format in which it reports data, and several use cases involving packet forensics and network monitoring.

Date: Wed, December 13, 2017

Time: 10:00 am PST/1:00 pm

In this session Brian Daugherty will provide an overview and demonstration of advanced VIRL features such as packet-captures, custom images, live-visualization, packet captures, and using the VIRL APIs to start and stop simulations as part of an automation tool-chain. Not familiar with VIRL? Virtual Internet Routing Lab Personal Edition (VIRL PE) is a powerful network virtualization and orchestration platform that enables the development of highly accurate models of existing or planned networks.

• Getting Started with OpenStack - REGISTER

Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018

Time: 10:00 am PST/1:00 pm EST

Hearing a lot about OpenStack and want to check it out for yourself? See how quick and easy it is to install start using OpenStack using containers running within a VM on your own laptop. OpenStack Kolla provides production ready tools to deploy OpenStack services as Docker containers that can be managed and upgraded easily. To help you explore Kolla and OpenStack, we provide access to a VM with a containerized deployment of OpenStack and step by step instructions. Acquaint yourself with the environment. Learn your way around Horizon (GUI) and the CLI to view and operate your OpenStack cloud. Best of all, take what you learn with you and experiment on your own to discover all OpenStack offers you.

Presenter-

Charles Eckel is a developer evangelist in the Cisco DevNet team with a passion for open source software and open standards. He started with open source in 1999 as a founding member of Vovida Networks, developing some of the industry’s first open source VoIP protocol stacks and applications. Now at Cisco, he is a recognized champion of open standards, open source, and interoperability. He runs DevNet’s Open Source Dev Center, which focuses on Cisco’s major open source contributions, use, and community engagements; most notably, introducing open source hackathons into IETF and MEF, revolutionizing the way these SDOs operate and uniting open source software with open standards to maximize the pace and relevance of both.

Comments
AndyGiesen
Community Member

Will these sessions be recorded?

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy, yes - all slides and recordings will be posted here. Just updated the links above.

todd.mason@windstream.com
Community Member

Janel, ignore my direct message to you.  I just found this section....

Although I did register I didn't get a message with the webex password this time.  Have received them for others.  Different process?

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Todd,

That is odd! Did you receive an email invitation from WebEx?

todd.mason@windstream.com
Community Member

Thank you for the message Janel.

Originally the DevNet invitation had a link to a site that I registered for the multiple Wednesday sessions.  I marked them on my calendar since I didn’t get an invite/confirmation email for each of the registrations. (which is something most other Cisco events do provide)  The first session I got an email on the morning of the event as a reminder which included the WebEx link and the passcode.  The second session I did not get a reminder email.  I tried going to the registration site to see if there was a way to get in but could not.

☺ Lots of detail above If you’re trying to track anything down.  I don’t have the original message just it’s body that I saved on my calendar.  I appreciate the reply to my inquiry.  Hope to be able to listen live to the next one else I’ll just listen to the post-webcast thing…

Todd

noris.g.rogers@nasa.gov
Community Member

The audio link to "Introduction to NETCONF, RESTCONF, and YANG" is broken. Please fix.

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, please try this link - and please let me know if this doesn't work!

noris.g.rogers@nasa.gov
Community Member

This one does not work either. All of the others work fine.

Really awesome i can watch this back after in my own time - thanks #devnet team!

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about this link Recording Information

mkoch
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

All the new registration links (starting with trex) are broken… and even if you remove the http at the end you arrive at the „join event as panelist“ page on webex...

abdel-moniem
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

Each time I try to register to one of the events, the following error appears:

Your meeting service had a problem processing your request. Contact support or your administrator and provide the following error tracking ID:

Error tracking ID:
(97F6E8F0453F478AB8EA0B7478B80BA4_1509125610669)

hhaim@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TRex link does not work (even after fixing the typo at the end)

it gives an error

Your e-mail address does not match any of panelist's e-mail address specified by the event host. Please re-enter or contact the event host.

chantbro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the technical difficulties. The link should be working now. Please try again. Thank you!

mkoch
Level 4
Level 4

sorry, they still do not work. Many still have a "http://" at the end...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links