Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting off the ground with Cisco and SDN

khenderson31
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I recently graduated from University and started a job where I am given the opportunity to explore the possibilities of Software Defined Networking as well as applying my accrued programming knowledge to the company's core networking operations. My major obstacle is that I only have basic networking aptitude and as a result I am working on creating a plan of learning to familiarize myself with what I need to apply to in my job and on this community. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can begin? I consider myself to be a quick learner so should be brought up to speed in reasonable time.

I know I will be exposed to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3, Cisco Prime Collaboration 11 and APIC so any guidance as to how to become a professional ("developer-wise") within these boundaries will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lawrence,

I think you'll find the Cisco DevNet Learning Labs a great starting place to get your feet wet. There are beginner coding tutorials and individual learning labs for each technology's APIs.

Here's the link - Cisco DevNet: Learning Labs

Thanks,

Adrienne