cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I renew my reservation

grock
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6 day reservation for the Cisco DevNet IOS sandbox via Cisco VIRL. After the 6 day reservation, am I able to renew or extend, or is this a one time thing?

Also, am I allow to have traffic from my simulation go out to the internet? Establish VPN connectivity with my home lab and the Cisco VIRL lab?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hapresto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Individual reservations are limited to a maximum duration of 7 days, however you can always reserve a new instance of the lab once the time is up.  With VIRL you can always save the topology file you are working on and easily load it up into a fresh lab when you want to continue working on it.  

As for connecting the sandbox to another lab... the only VPN supported by Sandbox is client based VPNs with AnyConnect or OpenConnect, site to site VPN options are available into a Sandbox.  So you can connect to the sandbox from a local workstation and access resources within reservation from your workstation.  

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know.  

Hank

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hapresto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Individual reservations are limited to a maximum duration of 7 days, however you can always reserve a new instance of the lab once the time is up.  With VIRL you can always save the topology file you are working on and easily load it up into a fresh lab when you want to continue working on it.  

As for connecting the sandbox to another lab... the only VPN supported by Sandbox is client based VPNs with AnyConnect or OpenConnect, site to site VPN options are available into a Sandbox.  So you can connect to the sandbox from a local workstation and access resources within reservation from your workstation.  

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know.  

Hank

Is there a link on how to save topology on VIRL sandbox?

So can I do a L2L from my home LAB (public WAN x.x.x.x to VIRL sandbox network device public WAN z.z.z.z)?