Views
Helpful
Replies

DevNet Sandbox- NXOS device connectivity issue

Ramesh3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having an issue in connecting to NX-OS switches(unable to ping/ssh) in Open NX-OS Sandbox. Please suggest

Note: I am able to access DevBox , VMMaestro, VIRL server. Connected to Sandbox using OpenConnect VPN

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Last time I used the sandbox .. and if I remember correctly .. you need to start the simulation on the VIRL server to bring the devices up

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Last time I used the sandbox .. and if I remember correctly .. you need to start the simulation on the VIRL server to bring the devices up

carlocon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried to restart NX-OX using virl however servers always are labeled UNRECHEABLE

Here is a list of all the running nodes
╒══════════════╤═════════════╤═════════╤═════════════╤════════════╤══════════════════════╤════════════════════╕
│ Node │ Type │ State │ Reachable │ Protocol │ Management Address │ External Address │
╞══════════════╪═════════════╪═════════╪═════════════╪════════════╪══════════════════════╪════════════════════╡
│ nx-osv9000-4 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ UNREACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.104 │ N/A │
├──────────────┼─────────────┼─────────┼─────────────┼────────────┼──────────────────────┼────────────────────┤
│ nx-osv9000-2 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ UNREACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.102 │ N/A │
├──────────────┼─────────────┼─────────┼─────────────┼────────────┼──────────────────────┼────────────────────┤
│ nx-osv9000-3 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ UNREACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.103 │ N/A │
│ nx-osv9000-1 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ UNREACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.101 │ N/A │
╘══════════════╧═════════════╧═════════╧═════════════╧════════════╧══════════════════════╧════════════════════╛
[developer@devbox sbx_nxos]$

Previously this passed from ABSENT to BUILDING and finally ACTIVE but the reachable state always remained UNREACHABLE

Update:

After a while all servers finally transition to reachable state:

[developer@devbox sbx_nxos]$virl nodes
Here is a list of all the running nodes
╒══════════════╤═════════════╤═════════╤═════════════╤════════════╤══════════════════════╤════════════════════╕
│ Node │ Type │ State │ Reachable │ Protocol │ Management Address │ External Address │
╞══════════════╪═════════════╪═════════╪═════════════╪════════════╪══════════════════════╪════════════════════╡
│ nx-osv9000-4 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ REACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.104 │ N/A │
│ nx-osv9000-2 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ REACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.102 │ N/A │
│ nx-osv9000-3 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ UNREACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.103 │ N/A │
│ nx-osv9000-1 │ NX-OSv 9000 │ ACTIVE │ REACHABLE │ telnet │ 172.16.30.101 │ N/A │
╘══════════════╧═════════════╧═════════╧═════════════╧════════════╧══════════════════════╧════════════════════╛
[developer@devbox sbx_nxos]$

Still after a while server 172.16.30.103 was un reachable but at least I was able to test the rest of the servers !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: