Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when running "virl generate nso" from Sandbox Lab

charllia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Devnet Community,

I'm currently running the Multi-IOS Cisco Test Network Lab Sandbox Lab and coming across an error when trying to run the command "virl generate nso"

The error is:

[developer@devbox ~]$virl generate nso
Updating NSO....

Exception raised while running your command
Please open an issue and provide this info:
HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.10.20.50', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/config/devices/ (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f247446fdd8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

I tried running this command on different available virl topologies (ie -  virlfiles/2-ios-router |  virlfiles/core-dist-access) but with the same result.

Any ideas from any how this can be fixed so I can do some NSO labbing?

Any feedback is most appreciated.

Regards,

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need to launch up "nso server" in devbox before running "virl generate nso" command. Please check https://github.com/DevNetSandbox/sbx_multi_ios/tree/master/nso-with-ansible/packages/pipe-yaml for ncsc cmdlet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need to launch up "nso server" in devbox before running "virl generate nso" command. Please check https://github.com/DevNetSandbox/sbx_multi_ios/tree/master/nso-with-ansible/packages/pipe-yaml for ncsc cmdlet.

charllia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for that.

For this instance, to get it working (for other's reference), the below is done:

1)source /opt/nso/ncsrc

2)create a directory for NCS logs and files and within this directory run "ncs-setup --dest ."

3)start ncs daemon - "ncs" and confirmation daemon is working by running "ncs --status"

Now once above is done there's no more error messages by running "virl generate nso" which adds the VIRL devices to NSO.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: