cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guestshell not working on IOS XE Cat 9k

davabbot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have been trying to run guestshell on the Cat 9k sandbox. I used the IOX command, then enabled guestshell. It outputs that guestshell is running. However when I call for guestshell it won't invoke the process. I continuously received 9300-2 when I have this issue. David Acosta was able to get guestshell to work on 9300-1, however I have not received that switch when reserving a lab.

Photo's below:

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 11.42.23 AM.png

^^^ guestshell not working

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 12.00.29 PM.png

3 Replies 3

davabbot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discovered that you needed to input guestshell destroy, then guestshell enable. The container was messed up and had to be reinitialized.

This is correct David, the following commands are needed:

>cat9300-2#guestshell destroy

Guestshell destroyed successfully

>cat9300-2#guestshell enable

Management Interface will be selected if configured

Please wait for completion

Guestshell enabled successfully

>cat9300-2#guestshell

[guestshell@guestshell ~]$

Is this the only way to fix the problem. I have destroyed guestshell a few times and lost all the progress I was doing. It just doesn't seem practical to lose all your work and have to start over for what seems like a glitch somewhere. Unless, I am doing something wrong. I save all changes to each file I change but seems to reset when I destroy guestshell. It's hard to troubleshoot and decide what could be a configuration or system problem when guestshell stops working and/or loses connectivity with the switch sporadically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: