cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XE on Catalyst 9000: unable to connect to Cat9K

vc193
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to connect to the Catalyst 9300 device (10.10.20.100). I am able to connect to the DevBox (10.10.20.20), so I know there is no issue with the VPN. In fact, even from the DevBox, ping to 10.10.20.100 is failing.

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I believe you create a local devbox on your environment using the following repo: https://github.com/DevNetSandbox/sbx_devbox/tree/master/devbox_build

Is that correct? If not please explain how your devbox is connected to your network?

From this linux machine, you said you don't have access to your switch neither ping it. what is your interface configuration? If you installed it on a virtualbox, what mode did you use on your interface?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

The sandbox is at this link

As you can see, it consists of

1. a DevBox (10.10.20.20) that is already created and configured by the Cisco DevNet team
  2. a Catalyst 9300 device (10.10.20.100)

After I reserve the setup, DevNet sends me VPN credentials by e-mail. I then connect using these credentials, from my laptop at home. Thereafter, SSH to 10.10.20.20 takes me to the DevBox - this works fine. SSH to 10.10.20.100 is supposed to take me to the Catalyst 9300 device, but this is currently not functional.

I have used this lab successfully several times in the past without trouble, but right now it appears that the Catalyst 9300 device is down, or for some reason not responding to 10.10.20.100.

Hope this clarifies.

I am attaching the logs, FWIW

I've not done this lab. When you ssh to the Linux machine, are you able to access the switch?
If so check if the switch doesn't have an acl blocking you from vpn. Maybe that's a normal behavior.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I'm having the same issue today as the previous user wrote about. The VPN is all fine, and I can log in to the Linux machine. I can't open an SSH session to the 9300 from my laptop, or from the Linux VM in the Sandbox.

I performed the following actions from the Linux VM which is on the same subnet (10.10.20.0/24) as the supposed 9300: if I ping the 9300 at 10.10.20.100, it not only doesn't respond, but "arp -an" reveals that it's not even answering an ARP request <incomplete>. My guess is that it's powered down or something. I guess I'll be sticking with the "always on" labs.