Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest Sandbox 10.6.9

gordonlee-mpel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any plan to update the Jabber Guest Server Sandbox from 10.5 to 10.6.9?

If not, where can I download the "Jabber Guest SDK for Android 10.5"?

As I want to use the latest SDK (10.6.9) to do some testing with the Jabber Guest Sandbox..

Thanks,

Gordon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gordon,

I have just upgraded the Jabber Guest dedicated lab to 10.6.9.

Book some time on it and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Joe Kearns

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gordon,

Yes we will be upgrading the Dedicated Jabber guest lab to 10.6 this week. I will update this thread when it completed.

Regards,

Joe Kearns

Hi Joe,

May I ask is there any updates for the upgrade?

Thanks,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I have just upgraded the Jabber Guest dedicated lab to 10.6.9.

Book some time on it and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Joe Kearns

Hi Joe,

I can login to the admin page of Jabber Guest Server.

But I can't call my softphone with "https://jabberguest.abc.inc/call/1001@10.10.20.1". (This can be done before the upgrade)

Would you please help on this?

Thanks,

Gordon

Gordon,

You are correct and I can replicate the issue. Looking into it now.

Joe

Gordon,

I have updated the Jabber Guest server in your lab. can you confirm that the links work correctly now?

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Its working now.

But I have another issue when using the Jabber Guest Sandbox with Jabber Guest SDK.

I am going to deploy the CallSample (which is come from the Jabber Guest Android SDK 10.6.9) to my Android device, and try to connect to the Jabber Guest Sandbox.

However, when I run the CallSample and click the "Call" button in my device, it keeps on throw the below error:

WARN  [0xaec85f80] [cpve/src/main/ConnectionFactory.cpp(393)] [cpve] [on_port_allocated] - -1 is not a valid connection.

ERROR [0xb491d380] [cpve/src/main/ConnectionFactory.cpp(366)] [cpve] [waitForReady] - Exiting. Returning false : Port allocation failed, a port could not be allocated.

ERROR [0xb491d380] [cpve/src/main/ConnectionFactory.cpp(746)] [cpve] [waitForPortFreed] - Failed to wait for conn_id -1 free to finish.

In the CallSample apps, I connect to the Jabber Guest Sandbox with the following parameter:

DEFAULT_SERVER = "jabberguest.abc.inc"

DEFAULT_ADDRESS = "1001@10.10.20.1"

Is there any setting need to do in the JabberGuest Server?

Or is it due to incorrect DEFAULT_SERVER and DEFAULT_ADDRESS?

Thanks,

Gordon

Gordon,

Let me take a look at this issue and get back to you. We may need to bring in one of the JG team to take a look.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Gordon,

Can you try the following parameters in the call sample app:

DEFAULT_SERVER = “jabberguestsandbox.cisco.com"

DEFAULT_ADDRESS = “5555”

Note that this is a public URL and you do not need a VPN connection or a sandbox reservation for this.

Joe

Hi Joe,

It can show the same video with (http://jabberguestsandbox.cisco.com/call/5555).

Thanks,

Gordon

Thanks Gordon,

Yes its the same lab. Just wanted to see if it worked in that lab worked correctly.

I have informed the Jabber team to look into the previous problem you described.

Joe

Hi Joe,

May I ask is there any good news from the Jabber Team?

Thanks,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I have not heard anything back from that team yet. Let me press them again this morning for an answer.

Joe