Views
Helpful
Replies

Please Reset the Open NX-OS Programmability AlwaysOn sandbox

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @ zowu,

The Open NX-OS Programmability AlwaysOn sandbox is locked-up again. We cannot SSH in or reach it via the browser.

ssh admin@sbx-nxos-mgmt.cisco.com
kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
Connection reset by 131.226.217.151 port 22

AlexStevenson_0-1718109207551.png

7 Replies 7

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is fixed now.

ruegreen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Open NX-OS Programmability AlwaysOn sandbox is locked-up again.  Same bad gateway error trying to access it via RESTconf...

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The lab is now unlocked. 

ruegreen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am still getting a 502 bad gateway when trying to access or validate if RESTConf is running on the device.  NETCONF and SSH are both available but RESTConf is not working.  Can you please check and fix RESTConf ?

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The post call to https://sbx-nxos-mgmt.cisco.com/api/aaaLogin.json is working here. Have you tried  

r = requests.post(URL, json=PAYLOAD, verify=False)?

ruegreen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your link is not a RESTCONF call ... its using the NX-API apis...  RESTCONF is suppose to be running on port 443 and yang suite is showing it not responding and down.  Therefore I cannot configure the router with RESTCONF payloads which is not the same as using the NX-API.  Fire up Yang suite and configure it for this device, setup restconf and try to do a device connectivity test, you will see RESTCONF fail....

I actually fixed it myself, need to turn the feature on via the command:  feature restconf.  The agent was showing disabled so not sure why it was disabled but you might want to be sure that the agent is setup to start on reboot on the switch, etc.

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Rue for letting us know this. We can add this step in our next device reset.