cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN service unavailable; reason: No assigned address

jack_howard
Level 1
Level 1

I get this from time to time, even though I access it the same way.  I just requested a reservation and got the email that Your Cisco Devnet Sandbox is Ready.  I tried accessing it at devnetsandbox-us-sjc.cisco.com:20171, and get "VPN service unavailable; reason: No assigned address"

I see many topics like this with no real solution.  One possible reason I can think of is that the DHCP address scope is exhausted.. thus, there is no available address.  But I'm just speculating.  Any ideas?

This happens to me from time to time.  Once, I just cancelled the reservation, created a new one, and it worked fine.

2 Replies 2

jack_howard
Level 1
Level 1

Seems to be working all of a sudden, now connecting using SSL.. "Set up DTLS failed; using SSL instead."

Can anyone shed any insight on this?  Maybe it's just hitting resource limits.

irek kuzmin
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for suggestion to cancel the reservation and start new one. Your tip might be helpful. Actually I was about to use it but gave one more try to an already reserved sandbox and ... this time it worked. My observation is that this problem persist up to half an hour after the sandbox is ready, then it tends to disappear.
I use openconnect on Centos 8.1.