cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I find exact difference between APIC DC and APIC EM?

omkarjoshi1
Level 1
Level 1

There are plenty of white papers telling what APIC EM does but I didn't find anything that compares DC and EM. Any help is appreciated. And why isn't DC sandbox available?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The APIC-EM controller manages application bandwidth via QoS and packet routing via ACL's and policies that can be set via the API.  In addition the network topology and device location can be determined.  More features are being added as well.  ACI APIC-DC is an entirely separate component.  In this controller the focus on deploying, managing and monitoring network based applications which is done via Application Network Profiles (ANP)s and End Point Groups (EPG)s.  Other features like interfacing with OpenStack and Fabric Packet Flow management exist as well.  Please see the blog at Why ACI APIC-DC?  In addition there is a white paper at:  http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/aci-fabric-controller/at-a-glance-c45-7298…

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ecorban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

APIC-DC sandbox is currently being developed. Stay tuned on further updates on when the APIC-DC v1.0 sandbox will be available.

Thanks ecorban !!
Can you help me with few links that will help me understand the differences between the DC and EM?

Hi,

The APIC-EM controller manages application bandwidth via QoS and packet routing via ACL's and policies that can be set via the API.  In addition the network topology and device location can be determined.  More features are being added as well.  ACI APIC-DC is an entirely separate component.  In this controller the focus on deploying, managing and monitoring network based applications which is done via Application Network Profiles (ANP)s and End Point Groups (EPG)s.  Other features like interfacing with OpenStack and Fabric Packet Flow management exist as well.  Please see the blog at Why ACI APIC-DC?  In addition there is a white paper at:  http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/aci-fabric-controller/at-a-glance-c45-7298…

Thanks,

Brett

Thanks a lot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: