cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Updates to Sandbox Reservation Internet Access Policy

Due to changes in our networking policies, we are updating the internet access policy within our sandbox reservation instances.
Hosts will no longer have internet access outbound.
This should not affect the overall functionality or access to the resources within the sandbox instances, connecting via VPN.

Keep Innovating!

DevNet Sandbox Team

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Where can I find exact difference between APIC DC and APIC EM?

There are plenty of white papers telling what APIC EM does but I didn't find anything that compares DC and EM. Any help is appreciated. And why isn't DC sandbox available?

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Where can I find exact difference between APIC DC and APIC EM?

Hi,

The APIC-EM controller manages application bandwidth via QoS and packet routing via ACL's and policies that can be set via the API.  In addition the network topology and device location can be determined.  More features are being added as well.  ACI APIC-DC is an entirely separate component.  In this controller the focus on deploying, managing and monitoring network based applications which is done via Application Network Profiles (ANP)s and End Point Groups (EPG)s.  Other features like interfacing with OpenStack and Fabric Packet Flow management exist as well.  Please see the blog at Why ACI APIC-DC?  In addition there is a white paper at:  http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/aci-fabric-controller/at-a-glance-c45-7298…

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

APIC-DC sandbox is currently being developed. Stay tuned on further updates on when the APIC-DC v1.0 sandbox will be available.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks ecorban !!
Can you help me with few links that will help me understand the differences between the DC and EM?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

The APIC-EM controller manages application bandwidth via QoS and packet routing via ACL's and policies that can be set via the API.  In addition the network topology and device location can be determined.  More features are being added as well.  ACI APIC-DC is an entirely separate component.  In this controller the focus on deploying, managing and monitoring network based applications which is done via Application Network Profiles (ANP)s and End Point Groups (EPG)s.  Other features like interfacing with OpenStack and Fabric Packet Flow management exist as well.  Please see the blog at Why ACI APIC-DC?  In addition there is a white paper at:  http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/aci-fabric-controller/at-a-glance-c45-7298…

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks a lot!

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community May 2020 Spotlight Award Winners