cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What do you need to know for DevOps?

Paul Zimmerman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey everyone, welcome to the new DevOps forum! I look forward to seeing new conversations, content and connections happening here! Let's kick this forum off with a question for you:

What are three things someone new to DevOps needs to know?

1 Reply 1

• There isn’t a universally accepted standard of what DevOps is or what it looks like in execution. It’s a philosophy more than anything else; a framework people can utilize to configure and customize their specific circumstances to modern development practices
  • The actual principles of DevOps are pretty simple and straightforward. But implementing them, it takes a lot of energy and a lot of collaboration. And those things like the human problems. The human problems of tech are the most complicated, in my opinion
  • DevOps is an engineering culture of collaboration, ownership, and learning with the purpose of accelerating the software development lifecycle from ideation to production

One thing is for sure, you don’t do DevOps in dubly @Paul Zimmerman 

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

New to DevOps? These resources can help:

DevOps Resources