Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

UCS E160S-M3 How to set BIOS password

Hello, after upgrading BIOS version to 3.02 on UCS E160S-M3, I can´t login to CIMC or BIOS menu, I got a message to Set BIOS password in CIMC, but there is no option to input password via GUI.

Any ideas how to fix this issue.

Regards,

4 RESPUESTAS 4

Miguel Monterrubio
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Juan Carlos,

You can try using Ctrl+Alt+Del to reset and set the BIOS password. If that does not work and you got access to the SSH of the CIMC of the UCS, you could try clearing the BIOS password (instructions in the link below). A reload is needed for the password to be cleared and when the servers reloads you will prompted for a new BIOS password. If it does not, you can set the password by pressing F2 when the system boots up.

Clear BIOS password:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/e/2-0/sw/cli/config/guide/b_2_0_CLI_Configuration_Guide/b_2_0_CLI_Configuration_Guide_chapter_011.html#d18328e1220a1635

If none of the above options help I would suggest getting in touch with Cisco TAC to assist you further.

Regards,

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for your suggestions, I made all of them before and got the same error message to configure password, but there is no way to login to CIMC menu to configure the password.  What I tried is downgrade BIOS version to 2.10, configure BIOS password and again upgrade BIOS version to 3.02, but again got the same error.

I open a case on TAC and this was the process recommended but it didn´t work, so I will keep version 2.10 that is operating without any issues and it´s stable.

Regards,

In the end, did you lower the CIMC version as well?

This is extremely ass-backwards.

Why cant i just set the password via SSH

scope bios

set password?