Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Express Setup 2960X

1uplink
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a stack of 2 2960X, if by accident I were to press the mode button for the time required (for express setup) of the NON MASTER sw, would it cause the WHOLE stack to go to the express setup mode and lost the configuration , even if its NOT THE MASTER switch? Also, is not express setup supposed to have effect, only if the sw (or stack) has not configuration at all?

Some people are guessing "a priori",  that the whole stack would lost config in the scenario I mentioned above based in some documentation, but the documentation does not mention the specific case of a stack, also the documentation has some incongruousness about if express mode would work for a no configured switch or for a  configured one. I am not able to reproduce that situation right now and test it. Can some one please clarify this? Thank you in advance!

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

Hi

The mode button is only informative or to recover the system like password recovery or to modify the config register, if you press the button it will not affect your stack, the stack is configured via CLI where the master has the higher priority (usually 15) over the rest of the switches. I suggest to configure the priorities and never use the default (1).

Regards. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 RESPUESTA 1

Hi

The mode button is only informative or to recover the system like password recovery or to modify the config register, if you press the button it will not affect your stack, the stack is configured via CLI where the master has the higher priority (usually 15) over the rest of the switches. I suggest to configure the priorities and never use the default (1).

Regards. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<