Apresentações
Útil
Respostas

Bad console port?

silvaleandrodp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm using a Switch Catalyst 2950 but i can not conect to it via console port. It don't show anything.

I know that someone try to use a bad console cable on it where the both connectors was with the same configurations.

1  1

2  2

3  3

4  4

5  5

6  6

7  7

8  8

Could it make the port got bad?

how can i reset it?

1 Soluções Aceita

Soluções aceites

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Leandro

Your question is not clear, you just cannot access your Switch from the Console Port right?

Ensure that your terminal emulator ( Hyperterminal, ProcommPlus, Putty,etc)is correctly configured:

Assuming that your Switch is with Default settings:

Configure the baud rate and character format of the PC or terminal to match these console port default characteristics:

9600 baud

8 data bits

1 stop bit

No parity

None (flow control)

PS: Seria legal voce postar sua duvida/ Problema em portugues....

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Ver solução na publicação original

2 RESPOSTAS 2

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Leandro

Your question is not clear, you just cannot access your Switch from the Console Port right?

Ensure that your terminal emulator ( Hyperterminal, ProcommPlus, Putty,etc)is correctly configured:

Assuming that your Switch is with Default settings:

Configure the baud rate and character format of the PC or terminal to match these console port default characteristics:

9600 baud

8 data bits

1 stop bit

No parity

None (flow control)

PS: Seria legal voce postar sua duvida/ Problema em portugues....

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Sorry

Solved i used 2 bad cables so i thinked that was a problem with the port.

Desculpa

Resolvido eu usei 2 cabos ruins entao eu tinha pensado que era problema na porta.

Obrigado Bruno, eu estava com tanta pressa que nem persebi que o forum também é em portugues.