Views
Helpful
Replies

2 * ESA in cluster

demolab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

If I am planning 2 ESA in cluster, do I need 2 license bundle totally (for example Advantage Bundle for 500 users for 1 ESA and Advantage Bundle for 500 users for second ESA ) ?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

No... ESAs are licensed per user count.
You do need to buy 2 physical boxes, if you're using hardware.
If you're using VMs, you can spin up as many as you need, at whatever size you need (100/300/600) using the same license file.

@Ken Stieers

explain more detail please

I need to provide high availability for 500 email users

case 1: i need to buy 2 * Cisco Secure Email Gateway Appliance hardware and how many license bundles (2 or 1) ?

case 2: i need to buy 2 * Email Security Virtual Appliances and how many license bundles (2 or 1) ?

I can not find any info regerding high availability in ordering guide ....

check ordering guide :

https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/5756-discussions-email-security/16926/1/6770N70.pdf

also attached are some PDF for clustering License

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Keep in mind I am not a Cisco sales guy.
IIRC, clustering is included these days.

You should only have to buy 1 500 user pack.
If you get it for virtual, you will get one license file. You deploy 1 vm, or 2 vms or 5 vms, you put the same license file on it. Hardware is a little different as you have to buy to boxes and have them provisioned. You can also buy a hardware box and then request virtual licenses so you can stand up VMs along side your hardware.

HA for ESA is all in how mail is delivered to them. You can use a load balancer, multiple MX records, point mail send connectors to all ESAs, etc.

The "clustering" feature is a poor name for "configuration replication".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: