Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MikeK_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone upgraded to 4.5? Has anyone turned on the centralized management features?

5 Replies 5

shannon.hagan
Level 1
Level 1

We have upgrade all of our machines at our main site to 4.5.

We started using some of the new features such as sender verification which actually makes it fun to see how many people don't have dns for their mail servers. I have been having a discussion with one domain that says they don't use dns at all for their domain (I am hoping they are misinformed).

One thing to keep in mind in 4.5 is that they have the ability of putting anyone who has a sendergroup of None into a specific group - keep in mind if your machines for whatever reason are having dns issues that the sendergroup will be None when making your decision (i.e. if the dns server you make your requests to is blocked by a firewall for some reason and you can't get to senderbase, you will get None).

Corey_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We're "burning it in" on our test C30s. So far, so good.

MikeK_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Did you see the message from Ironport Support? I guess the Centralized Management isn't there yet.

Dear Customer,

You are receiving this communication because our records indicate that you may be using the 'Centralized Management' feature in your environment.

We would like to inform you of a problem we are currently observing at a customer site, involving Centralized Management. The symptom of the problem is that the afflicted IronPort Appliance may stop responding or accepting new email messages, though it will respond to PING requests. If this problem is encountered, the only method to get the system functional again is to reboot.

This is being tracked as Defect ID 18911, and may be caused by multiple logins to systems that are in a CM cluster.
IronPort is researching this issue, and will release a followup notification by the end of the week 10-10-2005.

Thank you for your patience.
------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,
IronPort Customer Support Team

Erich_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We've implemented 4.5.0 on our systems which serve the secondary MX record. The primaries are scheduled for next month after a standard end of quarter production moratorium (over the next two weeks).

I have turned on centralized management in a customer site. Working fine. Please note that you need to add the hostnames of IronPorts in DNS so that their IP addresses can be resolved.