cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Microsoft Sensitivity labels on ESA in CES

Tony Kilbarger
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently evaluating the use of Microsoft Sensitivity labels on documents.  My question is, can I use a content filter or similar to access document sensitivity levels when the document is attached to an email passing through a cloud ESA?  I've done some reading but don't see a clear answer.  An obvious use case is if a word doc lets say was marked Confidential, then enforce CRES or TLS encryption, stuff like that.  Ideas?

2 Replies 2

I did a little digging and didn't find anything specific to that.  The closest I found was some stuff in the DLP features, but they're generic, looking for specific words in the doc overall, not the various labels that are built into the file format.

That would be a great feature request.

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can be done i just a bit more tricky to setup:

a) in the log configuration section of your ESA under global settings and headers add the keyword "Sensitivity".

b) the mail log will from now on include for every MID an entry like :

Tue Oct 8 12:04:23 2019 Info: MID 345490495 Custom Log Entry: DEBUG ParentMID=345490495 MessageID=<1313275928.422485378.1570550561048.JavaMail.mktmail@sjmas02.marketo.org> FFROM=Kenneth from HackerOne <kenneth@hackerone.com> REPLYTO=kenneth@hackerone.com SENTBY= REMOTEI=199.15.214.201 REMOTEH=em-sj-01.mktomail.com REMOTER=2.7 ContentType=multipart/alternative; \tboundary="----=_Part_422485377_2121190662.1570550561048" Sensitivity= Importance=

or in case something was found Sensitivity can be like Internal, Confidential or whatever as defined.

c) create a message or content filter using the header function

Sensitivity=$Header['Sensitivity']

then  you can go wild with if else the  statements...

I hope that helps. Not sure if all this can be done in CES but the geeks might step in.

-Marc