cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add message to body of External emails

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I currently have an incoming content filter that is adding the text "External email" to the body of the message if the envelope sender is not from my domain. Does this only check the from address? Basically any email that hits the "IncomingMail" listener will be an external email so I wasn't sure if the above rule caught forged emails. Is it possible to leave the envelope sender blank to catch everything?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

munbali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

you can create the incoming content filter with no conditions and just the action of adding the external email to the body, this will apply to the emails that hit your incoming mail policies if you applied them there

as for the condition you had, it works on the envelope from and not the header from, still some forged emails may forge the envelope from as well , so you are right it may not work on some forged emails, but the above solution should help with this :)

Best Regards,

Muna Bali

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

munbali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

you can create the incoming content filter with no conditions and just the action of adding the external email to the body, this will apply to the emails that hit your incoming mail policies if you applied them there

as for the condition you had, it works on the envelope from and not the header from, still some forged emails may forge the envelope from as well , so you are right it may not work on some forged emails, but the above solution should help with this :)

Best Regards,

Muna Bali

Thank you Muna! I did test this and everything is working as expected.

joelbland
Level 1
Level 1

@Phil Bradley - like @munbali said, you can leave the Conditions blank to match everything. Or you can detect yourdomain.com in the Header From by adding the 'Other Header' condition.

header_from.png