Views
Helpful
Replies

Advanced Malware Protection on the ESA

onibudo.ayodele
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support, 

Good day everyone and hopes my mail meets you well. I wish to know if there is anyone that just enabled this security features on the ESA Ironport because I am planning to initiate it on my ESAs in a cluster but not sure if it might affect service since it's to be done in a production environment. Please, your advice is needed if this should be done in a Virtual environment first before implementing it on the production platform. If on the Virtual platform, your input will be highly appreciated on how to download a virtual ESA and run it since the one I have failed to work on my VBox. Finally, Can someone really explain to me if AMP is better to have configured on the ESA compared to Anti-Spam

3 Replies 3

Think of AMP as another virus scanner

You are totally safe to turn it on in prod.
You want both AMP and AntiSpam enabled. AMP does not replace AntiSpam.

Thanks a lot Ken. Would appreciate more advice on this especially on how to get a virtual ESA to set it up since the one I download didn't run on my VMbox. Thanks once again Ken and so grateful.

Which hypervisor are you using? I only know VMWare... they support KVM and HypervmV also... I just dont know anything about them.