cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any news on an update to Cisco IronPort Email Security Plug-in(Outlook) for Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 R2 for RDSH Users?

M00dY_Blanket
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a roadmap as to when Cisco IronPort Email Security Plug-In (Outlook) will be compatible with current Windows Server operating systems for RDSH (Terminal Server) sessions?

Cisco IronPort E-mail Security Plug-in (Outlook) 7.4.0.254 from 2014-11-10 does NOT work with Windows Server 2008 R2 RDSH sessions.  The Administration Guide does not even have any version of Windows Server listed as compatible.  Interestingly, you would think this would be an Enterprise level appliance with Enterprise level support for Windows Server. 

I had a support case (633249469) with a Feature Request Form completed but I am not seeing any sort of roadmap online on when they might have this figured out.  I tried testing and working around issues with Windows Server 2008 R2, but the Add-In caused serious enough .NET crashes that Outlook 2010 (32-bit) would crash even when not doing anything with the Add-In by just having it loaded.

5 Replies 5

Starla Rivers
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco support keeps telling me a new release is in the works - hopefully first part of June.  I'm desperate for it as 7.4 was knowingly released with a significant bug for those of us who use flag encryption so we can't use the new plugin and the 7.3 version is not compatible with Java8.

So help us out, Cisco, and get us a non-buggy and technology current plug-in ASAP.

thanks

Well, we're in October 2015 and the latest release of Cisco IronPort Email Security Plugin for Outlook is:  7.4.0.254 from 2015-11-10.  There still is NO Cisco support for Windows Server 2008 R2 RDSH client sessions using Outlook 2010 (32-bit).

Not even a Cisco moderator has commented on this post, so what does that mean for support?  I know I never heard anything back for the Cisco Feature Request of supporting Windows Server RDSH (2008 to 2012).

Any word Cisco?

Actually 7.5 has been out since July. It's just that Cisco buried it in the virtual appliance download section. I shake my head almost daily at the encryption group...

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284900944&flowid=41782&softwareid=283090986&release=7.5.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Cisco Email Security Plug-In 7.6.1 is out... and still.. No Support for anything but Windows Client OS (7/8/10) leaving anybody using Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) RDSH in the dark.  Cisco is still failing to make their product Enterprise level.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/email_encryption/Compatibility_Matrix/Cisco_Email_Encryption_Compatibility_Matrix.pdf

Well, we're at 7/9/2018 and Cisco still has ignored the Cisco Email Security Plug-In for another period of time. I'm glad they consider supporting Server O/S environments.*

Sadly, their website is also still a pain when attempting to find the Cisco Email Security Plug-In. Which is even better because when attempting to use the "Check For Updates" in my 7.6.1.7 Plug-In I am now receiving an "Unable to connect to the remote server" message. Which if you look into the details it is attempting to connect to https://updates.res.cisco.com which has a Certificate Issue because the certificate they are pushing is for verify.res.cisco.com and NOT updates.res.cisco.com so we have a Subject Alternative Name issue. Thanks Cisco!

* Sarcasm in case you missed it...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: