cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone try 8.5.6-074 on an IronPort C160 (is it possible, does it run ok?)

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

We have the C160 (also have an S160 but I will just discuss the C160 in this thread).  Since its no longer sold, I was wondering if it still has the power to run the new 8.5.6-074 that went GA.  I do not see it as an available upgrade, however I am on 7.6.0-444.  I see I can upgrade to 7.6.2-014.  After making that upgrade, I suspect I will be given a choice to upgrade to 7.6.3-019?  Then after that sucessfull upgrade, I should see 8.5.6-074 as an available upgrade, correct?

We are most interested in the URL filtering feature.  We've seen an uptick in spam lately where there are URL's in the e-mail.  Any way we can filter the messages to redirect or eliminate bad URL's would be great.  People have been good to delete them, and we have had security training.  Plus with our IDS, Anti-Virus, and also the S160 web filtering, we would hope that any malicious URL's would be blocked (but I'm not going to try!)

I would be grateful to hear from people with older C160 email security appliances running the new code.  Curious how your upgrade went and if everything is chugging along smoothly.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes - the C160 will upgrade and run 8.5.6.  Your hops would be:

phoebe-7-6-0-444 --> phoebe-7-6-2-014 --> phoebe-8-0-1-023 --> phoebe-8-5-6-074

You would need to upgrade through the listed hops in order to see the next hop.

(*Only the CX50 appliances cannot upgrade past the 7.6 AsyncOS family.)

-Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes - the C160 will upgrade and run 8.5.6.  Your hops would be:

phoebe-7-6-0-444 --> phoebe-7-6-2-014 --> phoebe-8-0-1-023 --> phoebe-8-5-6-074

You would need to upgrade through the listed hops in order to see the next hop.

(*Only the CX50 appliances cannot upgrade past the 7.6 AsyncOS family.)

-Robert

Thank you for the response.  This is a release we would like to try.  Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: