cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Append images in disclaimers

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

I was wondering if it was possible to append an image to a disclaimer text.  I found where to attach a disclaimer text resource but can I use plain HTML in a text resource to styleize the text and reference an image if we upload it on our webserver?  Or is there a way to embed an image as an attachment (like a rule) and reference it?  What is the industry standard way?

You know we get a lot of emails and sometimes the company logo is in there or I've even seen a graphic below their disclaimer text with a recycle icon and trees that say please think of the environment before printing this message.  Or those marketing messages you get that you have to click always show images from this sender.

4 Replies 4

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

I forgot to add, it has to be sort of dynamic.  We don't want banners or disclaimer text going out to any mobile e-mail to txt services... like wirelessnumber@txt.att.com for example.  This results 1 text message being broken up into 5 seperate text messages because the length of the disclaimer.

I created a dictionary called ExclueBranding

@message.alltel.com

Delete...

@txt.att.net

Delete...

@myboostmobile.com

Delete...

@mobile.celloneusa.com

Delete...

@messaging.centurytel.net

Delete...

@comcastpcs.textmsg.com

Delete...

@pagemci.com

Delete...

@mymetropcs.com

Delete...

@messaging.nextel.com

Delete...

@pcsone.net

Delete...

@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Delete...

@tmomail.net

Delete...

@email.uscc.net

Delete...

@vtext.com

However when I go to edit a rule I can choose this dictionary but where would I specify NOT equal to?

For instance if envelope recipient is NOT equal to anyone in that list, apply disclaimer text - header and disclaimer text - footer.

Right now I see I can do that sort of with exchange by setting header value branding = true, then telling the ironport if brand = true then apply the disclaimer / message branding.  However I want to centralize it all in one place -- the ironport, if at all possible.

This solution provided by Cisco support resolved the issue for me:

To bypass the disclaimer/footer for mail destined to specific recipients you will need to create a content filter and insert it before the stamping filter. I have outlined how to do so below. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Log into the web GUI of your Ironport appliance Browse to Mail Policies > Outgoing Content Filters Click "Add Filter"

Name your filter

Set the "order" to 1

Click "Add Condition"

Select "Envelope Recipient" and enter the desired hostname (@vtext.com) and click OK Repeat this for all desired hostnames Click on "Add Action" and select "Skip Remaining Content Filters"

Click OK and Submit and Commit your changes.

Now browse to Mail Policies > Outgoing Mail Policies Click on the link in the Content Filter column and make sure it is set to "Enable Content Filters"

Click the check box next to your newly created filter and Submit and Commit your changes Repeat this step for all applicable mail policies

This is assuming that you have the stamping enabled through a content filter. If you currently have it enabled in the "Listener" settings, you will need to disable that and enable it in the content filter section to be able to filter by recipient.

Hello Keith,

that is indeed the better solution than using a dictionary, because it takes advantage of splintering, and avoids that messages to multiple recipients hit a filter that should only be valid for some of the recipients. In general I recomment to customers if they have any special rules in mind for only a small set of recipients, rather use mail policies/splintering than filter conditions.

As for your initiial question, in case that support has not answered that for you - there is currently no way to use inline attachments in message footers. While with 7.5 and 7.6 you now can create HTML footers out of the box, images need to be linked to an external server.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: