Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS 8.0 : General Availability and upgrade paths

quentinperceval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I saw that AsyncOS 8.0 is currently in FCS, and I have 2 questions :

- When will this release be available in GA (download from the appliance) ?

- Can we upgrade from AsyncOS 7.6.3 to AsyncOS 8.0 ? When I read the release notes, it says no, but I don't understand why...

I am designing my new Ironport architecture, so I have to determine the AsyncOS targeted version, and the answers to these two questions will really help me.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Quentin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alvaro J Gordon-Escobar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Quentin.

While I can't give you exact dates,  I can asure you that it will be soon, next two months.

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to AsyncOS 8.0.0/8.0.1 from 7.6.3, and various other branches. A complete upgrade list will be made available in the release notes.   Finally, please know that 8.0.0 will not be GA released. we have fixed  defects to the code that  have been pushed into AsyncOS 8.0.1.  We'll be refreshing 8.0.0 with 8.0.1  and the SMA version 8.1.0 with 8.1.1.

If you  would like 8.0.1 please let any of our Content Security TAC Engineers know.  We can make the version available to your serial number(s) when it is released.  When it is GA, all machines xx60, xx70 will see the upgrade without the need to provision it.

Cheers,

Alvaro

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alvaro J Gordon-Escobar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Quentin.

While I can't give you exact dates,  I can asure you that it will be soon, next two months.

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to AsyncOS 8.0.0/8.0.1 from 7.6.3, and various other branches. A complete upgrade list will be made available in the release notes.   Finally, please know that 8.0.0 will not be GA released. we have fixed  defects to the code that  have been pushed into AsyncOS 8.0.1.  We'll be refreshing 8.0.0 with 8.0.1  and the SMA version 8.1.0 with 8.1.1.

If you  would like 8.0.1 please let any of our Content Security TAC Engineers know.  We can make the version available to your serial number(s) when it is released.  When it is GA, all machines xx60, xx70 will see the upgrade without the need to provision it.

Cheers,

Alvaro

Thank you for your answer !

Best,

Quentin

I think I know the answer to this but just want to verify, I am currently running 8.0.0, will 8.01 show up as an available upgrade when it goes GA?

Jason,

Yes. (see the last line of Alvaro's reply)

Ken