cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BATV (Bounce Address Tag Validation) removal on Cisco spamblocker (ionport)

it
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Do anyone in here know how i can remove BATV, on incomming mail on a cisco virus and spamblocker.

like this:

How can i strip the BATV (Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV), from a incoming mail, this is due to listserver function.

Incoming mail looks like this: SENDER: prvs=4730a9b47e=peter.eco@bnetza.de

And I want to remove the:          prvs=4730a9b47e

Thanks in advance

søren Conradsen

it@ero.dk

3 Replies 3

Enrico Werner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

the question is why do you want to remove this tag? The mail client will use the sender information from the 'From:' header, not necessarily the Envlope Sender address used in the MAIL FROM SMTP command. There is no message filter action available which could change the Envelope Sender address and remove this tag.

Masquerading is a feature that rewrites the Envelope Sender  and the To:, From:, and/or CC: headers on email processed by a listener according to a table that you construct. But that does not seem to help either as the prvs tag will be always different, making it impossible to create a table.

Best regards,

Enrico

dear Enrico

The reason for me to remove the BATV, is due to listserver software, here only members of the list can send to the list, and due to the BATV, non of my users from that costummer can send mail to the listserver, unfortunal the listserver software can not handle the BATV tag.

Best regards

søren conradsen

ECO

it@ero.dk

Hello Soeren,

while you cannot remove the bounce tag, you could simply disable bounce verification tagging for that destination.  You would simply have to create an entry in Destination controls for the domain of the listserver, and switsch Bounce Verification off for that entry.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: