cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I route emails from certain people to go somewhere else?

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of migrating from Lotus Notes to O365.  I am wondering if there was a way in the ESA to route emails to certain people to go to O365, but then emails to other people in the same mail domain go to Lotus Notes?

i.e. - All emails to joe@abc.com I want to route from the ESA to O365, but then emails to Annie@abc.com I want to still route to Lotus Notes.

Thanks

Joe

2 Replies 2

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1
What we did when we migrated was to forward the migrated users email to their O365 account (domain.onmicrosoft.com). Then the emails will still process as normal with no changes to routing in your current configuration. Doug

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

You have a few options :

a) Route all emails to Lotus Notes and then send a forward Domain and address for those users migrated (this assumes you have some kind of COEX solution in place)

b) Create an LDAP group for all migrated users and maintain that group. Create a message filter for the Ironport where you check if a recipient is part of that group and if yes send it to alternate host yourO365domain

c) Create an additional LDAP object to indicate if a user was migrated. Ig this object is available you forward to O365 otherwise to Lotus Notes.

We have been there and happy to share some ideas.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: