Views
Helpful
Replies

certificate smime in iron port

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

We need to apply the new SMIME Certificate in the Ironport because the one we have is about to expire.

We want to be sure if this has any effect and what exactly the certificate would apply to.

Kind regards

5 Replies 5

If the SMIME cert expires, the ESA should stop encrypting mail using SMIME.
Do you have any sending profiles configured under Mail Policies/Sending Profiles? If nothing is set there, then you're not using the cert.

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

thanks you for respond @Ken Stieers, now my questions is. if i replacement the old certificate for the new certificate, this change it has any affectation or no.

Kind regards

If you replace it, you'll need to make sure the SMIME sending profile is configured to use it.
If no SMIME profile is configured, changing it won't have any affect.

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

if the old profile is being used and working correctly, my question is if I replace it with the new one, while I change it for the new one, does it affect the service or the encryption?

Kind regards

As far as I know... there isn't any... on minute its using the old cert, the next its using the new one.
There might be a pause as a process restarts to use the new cert, but not enough for it to actually affect mailflow.
If you're really that worried, do it during a lull in mail flow...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: