Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Email Encryption Plug-in 1.2.0.109

this plugin installs properly for Outlook as part of Office 365 v. 1902 running on Windows 10 64bit.  Reading the certified OS/Apps list doesn't show any support for Shared Desktop Services such as Citrix.  Has anyone been able to get the plugin to work properly on Citrix running on Windows Server 2016?

3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you not able to get the plug-in installed and working?  If you have met the criteria for the installation and you are having issues, please do open a support case so that we can assist.

The supported OS versions are listed here:

Cisco Email Encryption Compatibility Matrix

Please be sure that you are running the latest version of the:

Thank you. I have opened a support request.

Well Steve, I hope you were not planning on installing the Cisco Email Encryption add-in for Outlook on a Windows Server version for the purpose of Remote Desktop Session Hosting or RemoteApp.  Their program does not store files in appropriate paths and even when you try to make that work, you'll likely find Outlook unstable.

See https://community.cisco.com/t5/email-security/any-news-on-an-update-to-cisco-ironport-email-security-plug-in/td-p/2676194

Sadly, the Cisco Email Encryption add-in for Outlook is basically one of those forgotten tools of the past.  From what I've seen even running the 1.2.0.109 does not work all that well in Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2019.