Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ESA LDAP integration

beejrteek
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have a problem, I configured LDAP integration with my cluster ESA. ESA and LDAP(AD) talk each other, Test Server and Test Query return PASS. I used this guide to configure it: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118218-configure-esa-00.html

Everythink looks good, but I can't find any place where I prove that... mail log not show any information that ESA first check if receipient exist in LDAP, in GUI also I can't find any place where I check it.

Message tracking also not show any info...

How can I check it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the ldap config, make sure you enable the Accept query, and test it.

Then under Network/Listeners, on the Inbound Listener, there's a section where you select the accept query and decide when to apply it, in the Work Queue, or during the SMTP Conversation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

José L. Dávila
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello there,

You can try checking the ldap_logs subscription to troubleshoot any LDAP queries.

You might need to enable this log subscription and, after enabling , testing the LDAP query.

Let me know if this helps.

Best. 

José L. Dávila

In the ldap config, make sure you enable the Accept query, and test it.

Then under Network/Listeners, on the Inbound Listener, there's a section where you select the accept query and decide when to apply it, in the Work Queue, or during the SMTP Conversation.