cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ESA maximum emails, @domains in Following Senders of a mail policy

AEK
Level 1
Level 1

Which is the maximum email address that can be added to the Following Senders in a Policy Name.

in box <textarea name="addressListsender" id="addressListsender" >...

I need to block  a lot of email addresses, @domains .(IOCs) 

For example, Can I add 3000 email addresses?

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This should be pretty easy to test using something like Excel and creating a bunch of fake email addresses using concatenate. I just tested with 4000 email addresses and it worked just fine. 

Now, keep in mind, just because it can import thousands of email address does not mean it may be recommended. Always try to minimize the configuration as much as possible to maximize performance. 

I would suggest performing a baseline check of the device and then comparing to after you add in the email address. Just to be sure there's no significant impact.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AEK
Level 1
Level 1
Please help!

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This should be pretty easy to test using something like Excel and creating a bunch of fake email addresses using concatenate. I just tested with 4000 email addresses and it worked just fine. 

Now, keep in mind, just because it can import thousands of email address does not mean it may be recommended. Always try to minimize the configuration as much as possible to maximize performance. 

I would suggest performing a baseline check of the device and then comparing to after you add in the email address. Just to be sure there's no significant impact.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.