Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mail Security - how is it?

philisent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We are sizing up O365 E5 v Mimecast v Cisco. We already own the E5 licenses so this is in the lead cost-wise. I've used Mimecast extensively and liked it, but found it to be a bit soft on occasion. I am in the dark about Cisco's offering.

Is there anyone out there currently using Cisco's mail security stuff, if so, how is it going for you & why did you choose it?

2 Replies 2

I've been reasonably happy with it. We have a bunch of their stuff, so SecureX/Threat Response/Threat Grid/AMP (yes, I'm using the old names) all tied together is becoming very useful. And I've been in betas since version 8, so bugs I find get fixed (the promise participating in Betas).
Ken

chadbaird2431
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the ESA for a 90 day trial and its receiving for three domains. I like it.  If I was the IT manager it charge of a lot of stuff; I'd prefer a hosted solution with support folks who do nothing but troubleshoot email. So I probably wouldn't deploy it because I don't want to manage it. But if I was up for the challenge, I'd use the ESA.  

In my use case here; where this is my personal email solution and I needed to stand the ESA up to learn it for the CCNP. It's easy enough to manage because it's only three domains and me as the primary user. There are a lot of security knobs to turn, it's quite impressive. It's blocking a ton of spam and garbage and it doesn't require a lot of attention. However I think It's too expensive to justify using in my case, even as a partner with access to NFR licensing.

C