Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Registered Envelope Service - Update 12/14

kyerramr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Customer,

We are currently experiencing some issues with Cisco Registered Envelope Service that might prevent sending and receiving of secure email messages. Our engineering team is actively investigating the issue and we hope to restore the service at the earliest.

Please feel free to contact your authorized service provider, if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for your patience, while we work to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Cisco Registered Envelope Service

12 Replies 12

kyerramr
Level 1
Level 1

Update - 16:54 PST

All Cisco Registered Envelope Services are restored at this time. Please feel free to contact your authorised service provider, if you notice any issues.

Best Regards,

Cisco Registered Envelope Service

What was the cause of this issue? Are there any expected outages in the future?

Greetings Nabil,

The CRES outage was caused by an internal issue that was quickly corrected by our IT support team. Outages such as this are very rare.  We work very hard to maintain the highest level of availability as possible.  Notifications are typically sent to customers about any pre-planned maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please feel free to contact customer support if you have specific questions or concerns and we will be happy to help.

Christopher C Smith
CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support 

codegreennabil
Level 1
Level 1

is twice in a day considered rare?

I was aware of the 11am-noon event; was there another outage yesterday?

davecampbell626
Level 1
Level 1

Previous significant outages resulted in a formal RCA detailing a summary of events, short and long term resolution, and any additional monitoring and preventative measures being taken. I'm looking at two right now; one from 3/6/2009 and another from 6/8/2009.

Can we expect such a document is in the works?

Thanks!

Dave Campbell

Hello Dave,

Yes, a formal notification with the summary of events and details will be sent to customers shortly.

CRES service availability is a high priority for Cisco IronPort and our engineering team is actively monitoring the service at this time.

Best Regards,

Kishore

Kishore! Hi; I've found the forums.... thanks for the fast answer.

Do you have any idea how long the 3:30 outage went for? I'm a little concerned the monitoring on our end didn't catch that, unless it was very brief in duration....

Hi Dave,

AsyncOS 6.5.3 and above includes roubust Encryption enhancements to spool mail if there is a short intermittent service or connectivity issue. In such cases, alerts are not be generated. I believe you are running one of the above versions.

It is highly recommended to upgrade to the latest AsyncOS versions to benefit from the robustness enhancemente and defects fixed.

Best Regards,

Kishore

What is the latest version of the CRES Postx SDK?

Hello Nabil,

It depends on the version of AsyncOS you are running. Command "encryption status" will give you the info.

If you are looking for additional information about the version, please feel free to contact Cisco IronPort Customer Support.

Best Regards,

Kishore

Kishore,

Thanks for the response. We have had a case open since September  (630265) for which we never heard back on the current version of the Postx CRES SDK. Please let me know if you can find out any info.

Nabil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: