cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conditions based on "EnvelopSender" in Content Filters

johnsmith1000
Level 1
Level 1

When defining Content Filters, I need to define conditions based on the sender of an email. For example, if the sender is Jim or John, and Subject Line contains a tag [CONFIDENTIAL], the action should be to encrypt the mesasge.

I realize this could easily be done using LDAP groups. But my problem is that for a number of opertaional reasons I cannot connect our IronPort to our corp LDAP. 

An alternative is to directly code the user names in the condition statement. This is ugly and problematic for admins and possibly causes other problems as the number of users grows. Could anyone suggest an alternative?

Is there any option of having the Condition statement open a file and read the "sender" names from the file maintained somewhere on the local or a remote disk? Any other option?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Owens
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest looking at creating a dictionary that would list the addresses of the individuals. You can use that dictionary from which to base your planned action.  Using LDAP is by far the better option for keeping a list up to date, as the dictionary will need to be updated regularly as addresses change, added or removed.

johnsmith1000
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks David. This is very helpful.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App