cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content filter - Header name

pbabu6001
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know about content filter condition -> Other header -> Header name and Header exists. Could you please what I need to include in Header name and use of Header exists. Also, give me a scenario to get the exact picture. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Header name: Does the message contain a specific header?

Example: From, To, Reply-To, Received, etc

Header value: Does the value of that header match a certain pattern?

Example: If header("From") contains @abc.com

This is also useful if you configure advanced configuration for anti-spam, anti-virus, etc to insert custom headers and then look for those headers in a content filter condition.

Thank You!

Libin Varghese

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Header name: Does the message contain a specific header?

Example: From, To, Reply-To, Received, etc

Header value: Does the value of that header match a certain pattern?

Example: If header("From") contains @abc.com

This is also useful if you configure advanced configuration for anti-spam, anti-virus, etc to insert custom headers and then look for those headers in a content filter condition.

Thank You!

Libin Varghese

If there any document to get well knowledge content filter conditions with Scenarios. Please find the attachment for the same. thank you!

I always go by the information available in the end user guide for the filter conditions.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa9-7/ESA_9-7_User_Guide.pdf

Chapter 11: Content Filters

- Libin V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: