Views
Helpful
Replies

Content filter "pollock"

Akhil Raj k
Level 1
Level 1

Out Ironport dictionary contained p

ollock? .Please advice what for this is blocking (which category of spam,reason considered as spam)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have found the term "pollock" in an older AsyncOS version, as you state it's in the profanity dictionary. Note that these dictionaries are not used for spam detection, as the name implicates its main intention is to be used in filters to prevent inappropriate language in outbound messages. Please don't use that dictionary for detecting spam. You can also remove that entry if it causes you false positives, as I can see it is not part of the recent dictionaries.

The reason why this word was included in the profanity dictionary was because it has been used as an insult towards Polish people. Check out the urban dictionary for a more detailed description:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pollock

Regards,

Andreas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Looks like you are refering to a dictionary that does not come on the Cisco IronPort, as the standard ones (profanity, sexual_content, etc...) does not include that this term "pollock". Does the outgoing filter have a comment what it is supposed for? And what's the name of the dictionary?

Regards,

Andreas

"pollock " term contain in dictionary Profanity. why it is added in dictionary.why cisco is considering as spam?

I have found the term "pollock" in an older AsyncOS version, as you state it's in the profanity dictionary. Note that these dictionaries are not used for spam detection, as the name implicates its main intention is to be used in filters to prevent inappropriate language in outbound messages. Please don't use that dictionary for detecting spam. You can also remove that entry if it causes you false positives, as I can see it is not part of the recent dictionaries.

The reason why this word was included in the profanity dictionary was because it has been used as an insult towards Polish people. Check out the urban dictionary for a more detailed description:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pollock

Regards,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: