Views
Helpful
Replies

CRES Corporate Account

cmoralesh83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found This on the Cisco Email Security Plug-in guide: "The Encryption Plug-in requires the presence and proper configuration of a Cisco
Email Security Appliance (ESA) or have a Cisco Registered Envelope Service
(CRES) account."

For what i can understand, an ESA Appliance or Cisco CES is not required to be able to send encripted mails if you have an CRES account. If so, how can i purchase only the CRES account?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no purchase requirement for the use of CRES; however, you will still need access to download the plugin software. If the latter is already complete, you can contact CRES Recipient Support and they should be able to assist with getting a CRES account provisioned to be able to setup the BCE_Config for the plugin.

Thanks!

Dennis M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct, CRES can be used on its own.  I don't believe you can purchase only CRES - you have to buy an ESA to get the CRES licence.

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no purchase requirement for the use of CRES; however, you will still need access to download the plugin software. If the latter is already complete, you can contact CRES Recipient Support and they should be able to assist with getting a CRES account provisioned to be able to setup the BCE_Config for the plugin.

Thanks!

Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: