Views
Helpful
Replies

CRES Outlook Plugin 7.3?

johnsmith1000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm new to CRES and trying desperately to get a good understanding of the flows for external users who currently have to use the CRES portal to compose secure messages. In an earlier posting, the following response we provided:

"Ability to encrypt emails directly from outlook plugins will be in the upcoming release version of Plugins (7.3)"

Could someone please clarify if this ability to encrypt from plugin on a desktop is applicable to external users or only available to users inside the organization who are connected to an IronPort appliance?

My concern is the current level support which results in the content of the message composed by external user being visible to CRES portal. Is plugin 7.3 enabling the external user (using Outlook) to access the key from CRES service and encrypt the message on the desktop? Is the encrypted package then forwarded to the CRES service for transmission?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks, John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 Replies 2

johnsmith1000
Level 1
Level 1

Is Outlook Plugin 7.3 going to be announced in this forum when it is released?

Hello John,

there should be an announcement in the top section when a new release is out, yes, and this will include also a link to the release notes with the list of all features. As with all upcoming products, as a Cisco representative I prefer not to make any statements what may come up, simply because we do not want to make false promises of something still in the make.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: