cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvf22289 - Cisco has marked this bug as Fixed and it is NOT

tim.ozmun
Level 1
Level 1

Come on Cisco.  Why is this marked a Fixed?  It isn't and meanwhile my 5,000 customers don't have access to their Safelists in IronPort.  Come up with some better status options, In Progress, Not Fixed, Working on It. 

5 Replies 5

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Tim,

keep your hope up. Just spotted the fine difference, fixed in 11.0.0-106 which is not out yet, so you will have to wait another 1-2 weeks to validate it.

-Marc

Thanks for the reply Marc.  Can you tell me what the latest stable version is in which the Safelist does work?  We may have to roll back to an earlier, fully-functional version.  Keep in mind that we were told it would fine in the version 11.x that we just installed. I need to brief Executive management on next steps to keep our thousands of users from basically having to check two inboxes throughout the day for very time-sensitive emails. 

Here's the error that seems to be the culprit.  Can someone figure out a fix that won't take up to two weeks?

An application fault occurred: ('screen/Message.py doReleaseSafeAction|848', "<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>", "Message instance has no attribute '_addMessagesToSafelist'", '[util/Aquarium.py screenLoop|408] [util/InternalLibrary.py inverseExtend|328] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [screen/Controller.py __call__|30] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [screen/CommonController.py __call__|49] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|769] [screen/AppController.py __call__|87] [screen/AppController.py next|74] [screen/AppController.py throttledCall|185] [util/InternalLibrary.py __call__|771] [screen/ISQCommonController.py __call__|16] [screen/Message.py init|78] [screen/Controller.py executeAction|73] [screen/Message.py doReleaseSafeAction|848]')

Thanks

This is marked as regression, so this should not be the case for the 10.x version you had upgraded from.  10.0.2-020 should be an acceptable build to run.  

The root cause of the application fault and underlying issue we found in the code change.  This will be corrected in our 11.x GD release.

-Robert

2 weeks and still no fix?!

I understand change and release management but this is poor support for a product that was "verified".

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf22289

As Marc already replied, he is correct.  This is slated for 11.0 General Deployment (GD) release.  At this time, 11.0.0-105 is the Limited Deployment (LD) version.  This is a new defect that was filed. And, is in process of being rolled into the GD.  We only update the "Known Fixed Releases" field on the bug listing once the build is released for customers.  The field does not allow us to place other status fields or notes.

-Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: