Views
Helpful
Replies

does Ironport replication automatic?

Issa NDIAYE
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have 2 Ironport (main and backup) Web ESA-C170-K9 and 100 ESA-ESI-LIC= that i will configurre

I want to know if configuration replication is automatic; do i need to configure each applicance or is it possible to do all configuration in the main and do automatic replication to the backup appliance?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you create a cluster (clusterconfig) between the appliances - the configuration will be shared from ESA (main) to the ESA (backup).  Then, any changes you make to the configuration on ESA (main) will be replicated over to ESA (backup).  

Starting w/ 8.5.6, cluster (or Centralized Management) is included in the OS.  Prior to 8.5.6, you will need to assure that you have a Centralized Management feature key on each appliance.

See the following:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118174-technote-esa-00.html

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Hello Robert

great, thank you

Best regards!

This discussion has been reposted from Additional Communities to the Email Security community.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: