Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling the Marketing Email Settings

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening,

We are looking to enable to Marketing Email Settings in the Anti-Spam configuration.  Instead of "Add Text to Subject", we want to add a X-Header to the e-mail.  I see how to do this.  My question is can I create a report in Ironport to show which e-mails this X-header was added too?  We basically want to get an idea of how many of e-mails "hit" this rule.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Doug,

There is currently no built in reporting functionality  that would provide any type of reporting on this data. You could however modify the log function using logconfig in the CLI so that it includes the header data. From there you could use something externally against the mail logs to generate these types of reports. I will be happy to create a feature request so that this functionality can be considered for inclusion in an up coming release of AsycnOS.

Christopher C Smith

CSE
Cisco IronPort Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Doug,

There is currently no built in reporting functionality  that would provide any type of reporting on this data. You could however modify the log function using logconfig in the CLI so that it includes the header data. From there you could use something externally against the mail logs to generate these types of reports. I will be happy to create a feature request so that this functionality can be considered for inclusion in an up coming release of AsycnOS.

Christopher C Smith

CSE
Cisco IronPort Customer Support

Christopher,

Thanks for the info.  I will look into do this.  Please create the feature request for this.  I think that it would be helpful to other also.

I also thought about using the "Archive Message" option in the "Marketing Email settings".  But I'm concerned about the diskspace that this archive might take up.

Thanks,

Doug

You can configure "logheaders" from cli and add your customized "X-header" to it.

It will create the log in bounces and mail_logs (maybe others too).

These logs are relatively small compare to archive the messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: